Omaha Consultants Handling SSI For Children

Caring, Personalized Advocacy Tailored To Your Family's Needs

Does your child have a physical disability, mental or psychological condition that affects his or her abilities at school or home? You may be able to seek financial assistance through the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program for your child in order to meet his or her needs. Disability Claim Consultants can help. We assist families in Omaha and throughout the surrounding areas of Nebraska and western Iowa.

Unlike some firms or attorneys' offices that handle a wide variety of practice areas, we focus exclusively on helping people obtain Social Security Disability (SSD) or SSI benefits. Furthermore, many lawyers only concentrate on SSD benefits for adults. Our Omaha consultants handle SSI for children to help families who could not otherwise pay for their child's unique needs.

How Do I Know If My Child Qualifies For SSI?

Because children do not work, they are ineligible to apply for SSD benefits. Parents or guardians of children with disabilities who are 18 years old or younger may apply to the needs-based SSI program if the parents' resources are limited, as outlined by the federal Social Security Administration (SSA) guidelines.

How Do We Apply For SSI Children's Benefits?

Applying for Social Security benefits for children is similar to that for adults with a few exceptions. In addition to many of the physical impairments and mental disorders the SSA considers "disabling" for adults, children may qualify for SSI if they have:

  • Cerebral palsy
  • Asthma
  • Congenital heart defects
  • Severe scoliosis, or curvature of the spine
  • Autism
  • Asperger's syndrome
  • Depressive disorders
  • Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • Learning disabilities
  • Other conditions unique to children

In addition to supplying the proper medical evidence of your child's condition, we will help you gather the appropriate documentation that demonstrates how your child's condition affects his or her function at school and at home.

What Happens When My Child Grows Up?

SSI is generally available for children who qualify for benefits and whose parents meet the resource guidelines until the age of 18. After they turn 18, they must establish that their disability status continues under the adult disability guidelines. At Disability Claim Consultants, we will look at the big picture and help you strategize effectively for your child's future benefits.

Helping You Seek Child Benefits From Social Security · Consultants Serving Council Bluffs And Surrounding Areas Of Omaha

Let our experience make the difference in your family's life. Contact us by calling 402-422-1000 locally or 877-686-2244 toll free to schedule a free case evaluation.